For our international participants, this section features information about your Letter of Invitation, visa application form, and links to locate your U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
The Inside Self-Storage World Expo is proud to be a world-class tradeshow and welcomes its international visitors. If you are joining us from outside the United States, be reminded that the U.S. government has instituted new, tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants. This may lengthen the amount of time it takes to process your visa application. Get an early start by obtaining all the necessary documentation.
Whether you are an attendee or exhibitor at the ISS World Expo, you must do several things in advance to prepare for your trip. Generally, international travelers need a visa to enter the U.S. Travelers from certain eligible countries may be able to visit the U.S. without a visa through the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you are from a country that does not participate in the VWP, you will need to make an appointment with your U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a visa interview.
The turnaround time for most visa applications is 30 days, but in some cases, it may take considerably longer. It is recommended to apply for your visa two to three months before your scheduled trip to avoid delays in processing. You may contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for current wait times.
Appropriate documentation, such as an Invitation Letter, can help demonstrate that the purpose of your trip is to attend and/or exhibit at the Inside Self-Storage World Expo and that you intend to return home.
- International visitors may access the Letter of Invitation through the registration system once they have completed the registration for the show.
- Only Inside Self-Storage World Expo attendees and exhibitors qualify for the Letter of Invitation.
- At the end of the registration process, go to the MyEvent dashboard and click on the Visa Invitation Letter. Your information will pre-populate the fields, and you will be able to download the Letter of Invitation.
- You may print your personalized letter and attach a copy of your ISS World Expo registration confirmation to use in your visa interview as supporting documentation from Inside Self-Storage Expo and/or Informa Global Exhibitions.
- E-mailed copies may be accepted, but it is recommended that you review your U.S. Embassy or Consulate's website for specific requirements.
If you require a Visa Invitation Letter prior to our registration system opening, or if you need assistance, please contact us directly at 972.536.6300 or email@example.com. We will be happy to process your request.
Industry professionals from more than 50 countries will be joining us for this year's event. Plus, exhibitors from more than 30 countries will be showcasing the latest industry innovations. It's truly a global view of the self-storage world!
Sessions at the ISS World Expo are conducted in English.
Our 2017 event will be held at the Paris Hotel & Resort, 3655 Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109.
Prior to traveling to Las Vegas for the ISS World Expo, you may wish to check the 10-day weather forecast.
Help plan your trip by checking the current exchange rate of your currency to U.S. dollars.
Tipping in the United States is customary. A 15% to 20% tip is usually expected in restaurants and taxis, and for services you receive.
Become familiar with American etiquette for private, public and business interactions.
Las Vegas is in the Pacific Time Zone.
- Voltage: 120
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Adapters that may be required are two flat blades or two flat blades with a round grounding pin
- U.S. country code: +1
- Las Vegas area code: 702
- U.S. telephone numbers have 10 digits total, which includes the area code and a seven-digit phone number (i.e., 407.555.1234)
- To make a call, dial 1 + area code + seven-digit number.
- To call internationally from Las Vegas, dial "011" + country code + area code + number.
Most hotels offer high-speed Internet connections, and Internet cafés are plentiful.
Dial 911 from any phone.
Standard business hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Attire at the ISS World Expo is business-casual. Since meeting-room temperatures and personal comfort ranges may vary, a light sweater or jacket is recommended. Also, you may wish to wear comfortable shoes, as walking distances within the convention center can be long.
Las Vegas Highlights
Las Vegas is consistently named the No. 1 tradeshow destination, as it offers a great visitor experience featuring superb restaurants, championship golf courses, world-class spas, thrilling attractions, captivating museums and more. Consult the Convention & Visitors Bureau for ideas and resources.
If you have specific questions in the meantime, please contact us.